Join John for a ‘Hillbilly Road’ getaway weekend with all proceeds going to Variety, the children’s charity.
Share a priceless experience with Australian music legend John Williamson and his partner, Meg, at John’s private Springbrook retreat, including a night’s accommodation, meals, fireside songs and great conversation.
This once in a lifetime offer includes:
- Economy airfare for two from any capital city or major regional airport in Australia.
- Chauffer driven transfer from Coolangatta airport by John himself
- Dinner, bed and breakfast at John’s private mountain cottage in Springbrook
- Autographed copy of John’s Deluxe Edition ‘Hillbilly Road’ CD and DVD
John has offered this unique opportunity to the highest bidder donating to Variety, the children’s charity. Variety is dedicated to inspiring hope and enriching the lives of sick, disadvantaged and special needs children across Australia.
Alan and Lyn, last year’s winning bidder said: “We would like to encourage all of John’s mates to get on board and support this very worthy cause, Variety, the children’s charity ,and have a chance of a weekend like no other, spent in the company of two very special people in God’s own country. We feel very privileged to have had this truly wonderful experience.” The ‘Better than a Picture’ weekend, is an ideal gift for a John Williamson fan or a personal indulgence for you and a friend. Better still, your bid donation will help Variety change the lives of Australian children.
“Meg and I are passionate about helping Aussie kids, so we’re doing this again to raise much needed funds for the special needs kids Variety supports. I’m looking forward to singing around the fire after cooking up a storm on the camp stove for you, so please bid up big and remember, every cent goes to the kids”, John said. No doubt John and Meg will regale you with stories of their participation in the annual Variety Bash, including the upcoming 25th anniversary Benelong to Broken Hill bash leaving the Sydney Opera House forecourt on August 16th. Springbrook is an idyllic location and to quote one of John’s songs from the ‘Hillbilly Road’ album “…don’t expect too much, it’s humble but it’s warm, you won’t find it in a ‘home’ magazine but ten million dollars wouldn’t buy the peace or the best valley view you’ve ever seen”.
Terms and Conditions. By bidding for this item, you agree to the following terms and conditions.
- The Hillbilly Road Getaway is only available between the 25th of June and 8th of July 2009, or between the 13th of July 2009 and 31st of July 2009.
- This offer is not open to journalists or members of the media.
- Acceptance of the successful bidder is at the sole discretion of John Williamson. In the case John Williamson rejects the successful bidder their donation will be returned in full.
- No video cameras, recording devices or mobile phones can be taken to Springbrook. Photographs will be taken by John Williamson and provided at no cost to the successful bidder for personal use only.
- No items can be removed from Springbrook without the expressed consent of John Williamson.
Thank you, on behalf of John, Meg and Variety, the Children’s Charity to all of the generous bidders. Congratulations to the highest bidder, who will enjoy a weekend away at John’s hinterland hideaway!’